Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Slight Detour...

...via Tokyo.

Ok, it's been a while since I posted, I know. Exams, internship, travel, they tend to get in the way. Currently I'm in Tokyo, and have had no end of diversions ranging from aikido boot camp to the search for the ultimate Melon-Pan (melon bread) to smoke-filled, sweaty evenings in ramen shops.

Still having some time issues for a real post, but I did dig up some of the more unusual cafes and bars that are currently la mode in Tokyo. Enjoy!

A Christian-themed cafe, sort of...
http://tokyoq.com/weekly_updates/tqoole/christon.html

Meowchiattos!
http://bento.com/rev/2951.html

This bar, while the site doesn't say much, makes its clients play games and dress in costumes, and displays its menus as a puppet show.
http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~kagayayy/
http://gaijintonic.com/2007/02/08/kagaya-maddest-bar-in-tokyo/

A Prison Hospital-themed bar called Alcatraz ER. I have no words.
http://alcatraz.hy-system.com/

Down the Hole She Goes
http://www.diamond-dining.com/alice/

The Counterpart to the Maid Cafe: The Butler Cafe
http://butlers-cafe.jp/

And, the Gender-Bender (waitresses pretending to be men)
http://www.b-lilyrose.com/index.htm


Don't Advise to Go Here In Winter
http://www.icebartokyo.com/index.html

Need Something to Do At Twilight?
http://www.diamond-dining.com/vampire/top_flash.html

Did You Just Ninja My Drink?
http://www.ninjaakasaka.com/

If You Can't Afford One of the Handbags...
http://r.tabelog.com/tokyo/A1301/A130101/13026122/ (the site isn't in english)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am also having a hard time keeping up with blogging over the summer. Miss seeing your take on life but hope you are having some fun!