So, in the couple of months since I've been able to post, I've thought about how I can revamp this blog. I figure that readers may be tired of the whole "Life in France" angle, especially since one can go and buy that French Women Don't Get Fat, Smile, or Ever Get Laid book in any Barnes & Noble around the world and it's a lot more interesting and funny than my pathetic little blog.
A little side observation: The whole "French women don't get fat" thing, SO NOT TRUE. The truth is that they shove their legs and haunches into "skinny jeans" 2 sizes too small, and then cover the fat that's erupted out over the waistand with a voluminous empire-waisted blouse, loosely cinched with a glittery belt with enough girth to lasso a cow the next time a stampede happens through. It's not that French women are stuck-up and obnoxious, they're just in a collective bad mood from lack of oxygen. If you think I'm kidding, try walking along the quai in Bordeaux on the next breezy day.
Back to changes to my blog. I'll try to focus on smaller, more individual things I've found here. I don't feel the need to go on anymore rants about the social security system in France (apparently, my very presence in France is enough to throw a Japan-sized wrench into the meatgrinder that is Nationalized Health Care. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, OBAMA, IT DOES NOT GET EASIER!!!) Wine chateaux will probably feature less as well: For me, working in wine is either high-octane stress, or watching the English Patient on slow-motion. Well, maybe if there's something unusual that comes up, like Cosmoculture, I'll write a blurb. Actually, I'm not exactly sure how it's going to develop; it may be an annoying smattering of random stuff. Hopefully, it'll be more interesting tan "This Wine That Wine." Readers, let me know!
10 years ago
1 comment:
Welcome back to writing your blog! Looking forward reading it whatever you write on it! Keep yourself warm!
Post a Comment